State similarities and differences between the laboratory thermometer and the clinical thermometer.
- Bulbs contain mercury.
- Glass tubes are long, narrow and uniform.
- The clinical thermometer is used to measure body temperature, however, laboratory thermometer is not used for the purpose of measuring body temperature.
- The temperature range of clinical thermometers is 35°C to 42°C and that of laboratory thermometers is -10°C to 110°C.
- The least count of both the thermometers is different.
- The clinical thermometer is can be tilted while reading the temperature values whereas laboratory thermometer need to be kept upright.